Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspection Results and Road Trip

I got a call from Don yesterday on the results of the termite inspection. No problem with the house, but we have termites in the little shed out back. Can you believe it! I called the company that did the termite inspection and made arrangements to have the shed treated. The home inspection only showed a couple of very minor FYI type things on the report; nothing to worry about there. We'll have to see what shakes out about this.
I've been looking for a Hydralift motorcycle lift for the motorhome so we can take the motorcycle with us when we hit the road. I searched Craigslist in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama trying to locate a used one. They're pretty expensive so I've been hoping to avoid the cost of buying new. I located one in North Georgia that I have been trying to working a deal on. It is currently mounted on their motorhome and it's only 1 year old. It was on the motorhome when they purchased it from an individual last year and they don't have a motorcycle. They were suppose to be coming to Ormond Beach, which is about 120 miles from my house, sometime in May or June. I emailed them the other night to see if there was an update on their arrival and was told they were just about to contact me when they received my email. Plans have changed and they will be leaving for Ormond Beach today. They will be tied up all day tomorrow and will be leaving either Sunday or Monday to go back to Georgia. I called Eagles Pride RV, which is a stocking dealer for Hydralift to see if they could work us in on such short notice. Eagles Pride is a family owned RV repair facility in Titusville, which is about an hour south of Ormond Beach and about an hour and 40 minutes from Auburndale. Mike Thibeau is the owner and such a nice guy. I had talked to him previously about removing the lift from their coach and installing it on mine once we got the details worked out. He told me he would need about a weeks notice to get us scheduled in. Mike was not in when I called but I talked to Josh who is the service writer and Mike's son. They were extremely busy but Josh worked with me and got us scheduled for Thursday. We will have to be there no later than noon and they will remove the lift from their coach and begin installing it on mine. I will probably have to spend the night in the bay on Thursday and they should be able to finish it up sometime on Friday. I like it when a plan comes together, especially on such short notice.
I'm leaving for Titusville on Thursday morning and my sister Rosemary and my brother-in-law Chris are coming in sometime Thursday night. Oh well, it can't be helped. This is a deal I can't pass up. Ellen can keep them company and give her and Rosemary some time to catch up until I get back.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment