Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Now Have a Hydralift

I left for Titusville about 10:00AM on Thursday to meet the folks from Georgia to get get the Hydralift. I arrived about 11:45AM and got checked in. The folks from Georgia had not arrived yet so I figured they would probably be arriving shortly since it wasn't yet noon. I received a phone call from JoBeth, the lady I had been talking to about the lift, about 12:15PM informing me they had been involved in a fender bender on the way down and was running a little behind. She said they would arrive about 12:45PM. I talked to Mike and told him what had happened. He said as soon as they arrived he would get them backed into a bay and get the lift removed and they could be on their way. He would then get my coach backed into the same bay and begin the installation. It will not be completed until tomorrow sometime so I'll be staying in the bay overnight. Since there is a 50 Amp service in the bay it wasn't bad at all. When installing a Hydralift the original trailer hitch receiver is removed and a runner extension is welded to the coach frame. Once the runner is installed the base plate is welded to it and the lift is bolted to the base plate. Everything went well with the installation and by 5:00PM which is the time they close the Hydralift was mounted on the coach. Peter, the mechanic who was doing the installation said that was the easy part.

The shop opens at 8:00AM and Friday morning at 8:00AM Peter started working on the rest of the lift installation. These guys are very good. I saw Peter and some of the other mechanics standing around the shop drinking coffee a little earlier but at 8:00AM everyone immediately began working on their individual projects for the day. No lingering around here. Peter installed the hydraulic pump and reservoir to the frame and ran the electrical for the pump. He then installed the electrical plug he had removed from my original receiver to the Hydralift. After everything was mounted and secured he checked the controls to make sure everything was working properly and then he adjusted the alignment of the lift. The final touch was painting the runner extension that had been welded on. The installation went so smoothly that by noon on Friday the installation was complete and I was ready to hit the road again.

I want to thank Mike and Josh Thibeau and the rest of the guys at Eagles Pride RV for the great work they did on getting the coach in and installing the Hydralift so quickly. If you're ever in the Titusville area and need some RV repairs give them a call.

Here are a few photos of the Hydralift installed on the coach.

1 DSCN1070

DSCN1071

DSCN1069

No comments:

Post a Comment