Friday, February 3, 2012

Desktop Blog Editing Software

I was reading one of the blogs I follow the other day and the writer mentioned using "Microsoft Live Writer" for editing and posting to his blog. Being very new to blogging it peaked my interest and I decided to "Google" Live Writer to see what it was all about. It turns out it's free desktop blog editing software from Microsoft for PC's. I made the switch from PC to Mac about a year ago so Windows Live Writer is not going to work for me. I haven't been blogging very long but I've already had a few issues with posting using the standard web interface with my browser. I've already lost my blog post once by inadvertently closing the browser in the middle of what I was doing. It also seems awkward and slow using the web interface.

I decided to do a little research on the internet to see what blogging software is available for a Mac. From my research the three most popular programs seem to be Blogo, Ecto, and MarsEdit. After comparing many of the reviews for these programs, it appears that MarsEdit is probably the most used. None of these are free programs like Windows Live Writer and MarsEdit at $39.95 isn't cheap, but between the three programs, I think MarsEdit has the most features and it seems like it will be a user friendly program. You can download it for a 30 day free trial here. I downloaded it and have been playing around with it for a couple of days now. I don't know how it compares to Live Writer since I never used it but it seems like it might be a pretty good alternative for Mac users. I wrote and posted today's blog using it and so far I like it. We'll see how it performs for the next 30 days before I decide whether to purchase.

Not much else has been happening this week. "Smoke on the Water" starts today, so we'll probably check out our buds and the band tonight. We will be judging the competition tomorrow. Maybe we can get some things together Sunday for the upcoming yard sale. We need to keep at it as much as possible if we're listing the house this month, but it's been nice to take a little break. I'll be glad when we get the house sold and move into the motorhome full time. It will be such a relief.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment