Friday, February 10, 2012

Testing MarsEdit

I've been playing around with MarsEdit the last week or so to see if I want to purchase it once the 30 day free trial is over. I like being able to work on a post offline and save it as a draft. You can edit the draft and save it until you're ready to post. Then with 1 click in MarsEdit and it's posted to your site. I'm going to test inserting photos into the post now.
Last year we competed in the "Ribs on the Ridge" BBQ contest in Haines City and we're registered to compete again in this years competition. Here's a couple of photos of our setup last year.

DRP0220DRP0219
I hope this works. This year's contest will be February 24th and 25th at Lake Eva Park in Haines City. We're looking forward to it. We haven't competed in a contest since May of last year in Venice. I hope we remember how to do it and haven't lost anything in our timing. You turn in your first entry, which is chicken at 11:00 AM. You can turn in from 5 minutes before until 5 minutes after the hour and it is timed to the second. You then turn in one entry every hour for all four categories (chicken, ribs, pork, and brisket) with the last entry at 2:00 PM. It's a lot of work, but we have fun doing it.
IMG 2113 3
Here's a picture of one of our turn in boxes. This is beef brisket with some candied burnt ends on the sides.
I inserted this picture aligned to the left to see what it would look like once it was posted.

IMG 2122I think it's going to work the way I thought it would. I'll keep my fingers crossed. This next picture is a picture of Ellen and I after the last turn in. After the last turn in it was time to celebrate.
Well, I guess it's time to see how this turns out once it's posted.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like it's a little tricky making your text look the way you want around the photos that you insert with the blog. Oh well, more playing around is probably going to be required.

No comments:

Post a Comment