Thursday, April 12, 2012

What a Relief!!!

I received a call from Don somewhere around noon on Wednesday. He told me he heard from the bank on the appraisal and wanted to call instead of sending a text. He said he wanted to hear my reaction when he told me the appraisal came back with enough to carry the offer. What a relief that was and I immediately felt a load lift off my shoulders. I didn't realize how wound up I was over the appraisal and hoping it would be "enough". Ellen and I had discussed it previously and we had decided that under the circumstances as long as the house appraised for enough it didn't matter to us if it appraised for much more. From everything we've heard from several people in the real estate market I don't believe that it did. The bank won't tell the seller how much a house appraises for unless it's not enough to carry the loan, but if it carries they will only let you know that it was enough. We could probably ask the buyer and I think he would tell us but we decided it didn't matter to us, so we won't ask. We both have been doing a lot of praying lately and thank the good Lord we can now continue towards our dream. We should have a closing date in a few days and we are both so very excited that our plans are moving forward.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment