Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Events of 4/12 - 4/26

We have been extremely busy the last couple of weeks. Our efforts to get rid of the "stuff" has escalated to the next level and in the mean time I have fallen behind in posting what has been going on with us. I apologize for that and will attempt to catch you up on our progress.

We have sold most of our larger items by posting things to Craigslist on a regular basis. If, after a week or so there is no interest, we lower the price and continue this until we see activity on the item for sale. You reach a point where time is of the essence and the goal shifts to getting rid of it even if you don't get what it's really worth. We have a limited amount of time to get rid of all this "stuff" and you have to do what you have to do. In the end, it doesn't matter. What matters is to be able to get rid of it all and not stress out over it. We have a yard sale scheduled for this coming Saturday and we hope this will be the last one. It will be the largest one yet and the goal this time is to get rid of it at any cost.

We are closing on the house Friday morning 4/27 at 11:00 AM. Don has invited us and the buyer to lunch afterwards and we are so looking forward to finally closing on the house. Last week the temperature in the refrigerator started rising and by Friday I could tell there was something definitely wrong so I called the repairman. The condenser fan was bad and he didn't have a replacement on hand. He gave the fan a spin and it started running again but not knowing how long it would last I told him to order a replacement. He said it should be in by Monday or Tuesday. I kept watching the temperature in the fridge over the weekend and by Tuesday I had to spin it to keep it cooling about 4 different times. Man, was I glad when he called Tuesday afternoon to tell me he had the fan in. He came out to replace it late Tuesday afternoon and we are back up and running again. 

I loaded the motorcycle on the Hydralift and drove over to Lazydays RV on Thurday, 4/12 to drop the motorhome off to have the last two items on the warranty list taken care of. We also contacted Wade RV, which is located on the premises of Lazydays about installing their snap on tire covers while the coach was in for repairs. The black and grey tanks have been giving us erroneous readings since we bought the motor home. The last time I had it in the shop, which was back in October, just before the snowbirds started coming back down for the winter I was told that the tank sensors had been replaced. If they were replaced, I had the same problem when I picked it up as I had when I dropped it off. The great thing about Lazydays is they will eventually take care of the problem if you continue to have issues. I had researched some tank probes online and found some probes called Horst Miracle Probes. It sounded like the solution to my ongoing problem so I order a set for the grey and black tanks. When I called to make the appointment to take the coach back in, i asked if they would install the probes I had bought online under warranty since I was still having the same problem after they had replaced the probes. They agreed to do that and I must say the tanks were reading properly when we picked it up. I'll let you know about the probes after we have had them for awhile. The other problem was the porch awning would not close all the way when it was retracted. The problem was a bad motor and they did not have one in stock. It had to be ordered and wouldn't be in until the first of the following week. The plan was to drop the coach off on Thursday and pick it up on Friday afternoon, then spend the weekend at the Lazydays Campground. With having to order the awning motor they had other jobs that could be completed so they didn't install the probes before the weekend either so a quick call to Shawn, our service advisor, and the coach was put on a service site for the weekend so we enjoyed the weekend away anyway and at no cost. It was a great weekend. The coach was finally ready the following Saturday so we picked it up in the afternoon and brought it home. 

Sorry for the lengthy post but when you get behind and at the pace we're moving right now it takes awhile to get caught up. I'll stop for now (it's getting late and I need my rest) and I'll try to finish catching everything up tomorrow.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment