Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Bit of a Change in Plans

I dropped the coach off at Classic Coach on Tuesday morning to have the refrigerator installed and the shades replaced. The coach was suppose to be finished by Friday and ready for pick up. We were going to pack some things over the weekend in preparation for our departure. Then on Monday take the coach to Orlando to JOSAM's for the alignment. Then we would be finished with the coach modifications. We would have 3 days left to finish packing before we were to leave. 

I received a call from Alan on Wednesday to let me know that the shades that were suppose to arrive on Thursday did not ship. It seems the manufacturer has an issue receiving some part of the mount for the shade from their supplier. The shades were ready but couldn't be shipped until the part for the mount was installed. The shades would not ship until Monday, May 7th. They would be shipped overnight at the manufacturer's expense. They should arrive no later than 10:30AM on Tuesday and they would be installed the same day. Now I'm worried again. Alan assured me the technicians would stay until the job was finished and I would take the coach home on Tuesday night. 

I told Alan I had an appointment at JOSAM's on Monday morning for an alignment. He told me the refrigerator would be finished by Friday and we could pick it up so we would have it for the weekend to be able to pack and return it to them Tuesday morning to have the shades installed. What a plan!!! If it all comes to fruition as planned.

That will give us two days to finish loading everything in the motorhome we're taking with us and get the house cleaned out. We'll have to see how this all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment